Aug 6, 2016

Refashion Runway: The Velvet Challenge

The first week of Refashion Runway gave all of us the chance to work with velvet, or velvet-like fabrics.  It was great to see what each contestant came up with!  Make sure you head over to The Renegade Seamstress to enjoy all of the creativity and to vote for your favorite!

I started with a strapless velvet dress, a sequined top, and a collar left over from a previous refashion.




Thanks to this challenge, I am now ready for holiday parties!




This is how to do it...











I was even able to make a matching clutch from the left over fabric!



Thanks for looking and don't forget to check out the other refashionistas at 

I like to link to these great parties!



5 comments:

  1. That was such a good idea, adding contrast lining underneath - really makes that beautiful pattern stand out! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fantastic, I have missed seeing your refashions as I love what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always excited to see a post from your blog. You are so creative! I look forward to seeing your refashions, as well as your other creative ideas. You have such confidence and are so humble...You motivate me to take time to be creative even when I feel incredibly busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classic and classy, Susan. No one would ever guess this was a refashion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate the feedback and always look forward to reading what you have to say! Susan